making reagular2cooking regular2lovingliving regular2new reader3

Thursday, February 11, 2010

About the Neighborly



Neighbourly is a free pattern for a children’s vest made by Jennifer Casa (JC Handmade). She gives it away and in return asks you to be neighbourly in one or several ways for instance by donating the money you would have used for the pattern or by giving away the west to charity.

I finished my first neighbourly last week. I used 2 mm size needles and several wool yarns from my growing left over stash. The original pattern is with thicker yarn and thicker needles (5 mm). Made with 2 mm needles and my yarn it turned out a baby size. I would guess approximately 6-9 months size. Too small for Astrid, but then again this is a neighbourly so this one is going to be given away.

Ravelry link

13 comments:

  1. Love that concept.
    You did a beautiful job...really like the colors you chose...I bet who ever recieves it will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! The stripes are wonderful. Neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...now I know. The "neighborly" is a lovely concept. Yours looks darling and I'm sure the recipient's mother will be quite pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really lovely! I am sure that someone will love it. I hope that you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agujas de 2 mm??? eso si que tiene mérito!

    El chalequito te ha quedado monísimo. Me gusta mucho la combinación de los dos colores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. es tan tan precioso, me acordé de ti al ver este blog http://www.feelingstitchy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone! Gracias chicas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful color combinations!! So lovely!!!

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet. sweet one. make another one for Astrid, please!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty colours - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know you were here!